In this section we will deal with ideas, concepts, content with regard to Pedagogy in higher education.
How to – Concepts
- Redesign your lecture – Canvas
- Online Workshop of 3 units (2,5 hours) – students in the role of moderators
- Online Workshop of 1 day – structure and activities
- Concept for Asynchronous Teaching with prerecorded Slides
- The World Café Method
Definition Learning 4.0
- When and where/how learners want to learn – agile learning
- Exciting, entertaining and challenging – on-the-job (on-the-hobby ) / based on the learner’s studies, tailored to his or her questions
- In a learning community, together with others – secure communication without barriers
- Colorful! – with visualization, animations, simulations, podcasts, comics, …
- Online and open and asynchronous (time-delayed) as a start – synchronous (simultaneous) / on-site / protected when there are good reasons to do so
- Teachers / trainers delegate responsibility.
- Learners / students have freedom in learning.
- It needs trust instead of control.
- learners need skills in using the technical tools, but together they are quickly acquired.
- It takes courage to experiment.
Online learning scenarios need
- clear communication of the process in time,
- a suitable pedagogical concept,
- Trainers/teachers in the role of online moderators,
- good support of the learners at the beginning,
- more responsibility for the learners, including group work,
- less content that can be better processed, that can be processed in depth
- Input as videos, audio podcasts or texts, schemata, comics, …
- Tests for self-checking,
- more breaks in the synchronous online phases
To make your students & learners happy plan enough breaks which are long enough (20 – 30 minutes) because online teaching and learning is exhausting – for you and them – and give them time for individual learning and discussions in the group.